This dairy-free, egg-free gingerbread cake recipe is has been altered slightly, but it seems it may have originated from Imagine Foods. Enjoy this cake warm with a scoop of vanilla non-dairy ice cream.
Special Diet Notes: Egg-Free Gingerbread Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups whole-wheat pastry flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves
- ⅛ teaspoon allspice
- ⅔ cup dairy-free milk beverage
- ⅓ cup oil
- ⅓ cup molasses
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- 1 ½ tablespoons ginger (fresh minced)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Lightly oil a 9-inch square baking pan.
- In a large bowl, sift together both types of flour, baking powder, ground ginger, cinnamon, nutmeg, salt, cloves, and allspice, and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients until well combined.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and whisk until blended.
- Pour the mixture into baking pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow to cool before serving.