Intended for drizzling over her vegan Dark Chocolate Almond Cake, Chef Claire Criscuolo (RN, CCP) created this dark chocolate espresso glaze recipe and many more excellent vegetarian recipes for her three cookbooks. She and her husband established Claire’s Corner Copia, a vegetarian restaurant in New Haven, Connecticut.
Special Diet Notes: Dark Chocolate Espresso Glaze
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- ½ cup dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon ground espresso
- ¼ cup dairy-free milk beverage
- Sift confectioners’ sugar and cocoa powder into a bowl.
- Stir in ground espresso, not brewed.
- Add dairy-free milk all at once and, using a spoon, beat until smooth.
- Drizzle over top of a cooled cake, using a rubber spatula to scrape the bowl.