Denver Post staff writer Doug Brown calls this easy chocolate dessert “luscious.” From morinu.com, makes 10 servings.
Special Diet Notes: Easy Chocolate Dessert
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free and gluten-free.
- 12 ounces semi-sweet, dark chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 packages silken extra-firm tofu, or lite tofu
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 large banana
- 1 graham cracker pie crust (optional)
- Sliced almonds (optional)
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave oven with water.
- Thoroughly blend tofu in a blender or a food processor.
- Add melted chocolate and vanilla to tofu and blend at high speed for 2 minutes.
- Slice banana and layer with chocolate mixture in pudding cups or graham cracker pie crust.
- Refrigerate 1-2 hours.
- Garnish with remaining banana slices and almond slices if desired.