This ginger-lychee sorbet comes from Andrew Schloss, the author of Almost from Scratch: 600 Recipes for the New Convenience Cuisine. Though this cookbook is not exclusively dairy-free, it offers many recipes and ideas for those who are interested in cooking with convenient ingredients.
Special Diet Notes: Ginger-Lychee Sorbet
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and top food allergy-friendly.
- 1 can (20 oz.) pitted lychees in heavy syrup (available in the Asian grocery section or market)
- 1 tablespoon pickled sushi ginger
- Purée the lychees with their syrup, and the ginger, in a food processor or blender until completely smooth. Pour into a shallow pan and freeze until solid, about 4 hours or longer.
- Cut or break the frozen mixture into cubes, and purée in a food processor until creamy.
- Store in the freezer in a tightly closed container for up to one week. If the mixture should become solid, purée it again before serving.