In celebration of their new gluten-free oats, Bob’s Red Mill shared this gluten free oatmeal cookies recipe in their newsletter…(okay, we changed the butter to dairy-free margarine, but they should still be fabulous!):
Special Diet Notes: Gluten Free Oatmeal Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, and vegetarian.
For egg-free / vegan: see notes for replacing egg with flax.
- 1 ½ cups GF All Purpose Baking Flour
- 3 cups Gluten Free rolled Oats
- 1 cup dairy-free margarine (softened)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 large eggs*
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat margarine and sugars together until smooth.
- Add vanilla and eggs; beat well.
- In a separate bowl, blend flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and Xanthan Gum. Stir flour blend into wet ingredients.
- Add oats and raisins and mix well.
- Drop rounded tablespoons of dough onto un-greased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 10 – 12 minutes, or until golden brown. Cool one minutes then transfer to wire rack. Makes about 4 dozen cookies.