Rich hot fudge makes a delicious dairy-free topping for cakes, sundaes, or as decadent chocolate fondu!
Special Diet Notes: Hot Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, gluten-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- ½ cup cocoa or carob powder
- 2 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1¼ cups dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a small bowl, sift together the cocoa and cornstarch. Transfer the cocoa mixture to a small saucepan and whisk ½ cups soy milk into the cocoa mixture. Add the remaining soy milk and maple syrup to saucepan and whisk well to combine. Cook the mixture over medium heat, while whisking constantly, for 2-3 minutes or until it forms a thick sauce. Remove the saucepan from the heat and whisk in the vanilla.
- Serve warm as a topping for cakes, desserts, soy ice cream, or as a dipping sauce for fruit.
- Store in an airtight container, in the refrigerator, and reheat as needed.