The Vegan Connection created this delightful and irrestistible pumpkin pie recipe.
Special Diet Notes: Irresistible Pumpkin Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian. Optionally nut-free.
- 2 cups canned pumpkin, solid-pack
- 1 cup dairy-free milk beverage
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon molasses or blackstrap molasses
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon, grounded
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon ginger, ground
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon allspice or cloves, grounded
- 9" unbaked pastry crust
- In a blender, combine all ingredients.
- Pour the filling into the pastry crust and bake at 350 degrees F. for 60 minutes, covering the edges with foil if they begin to brown too quickly.
- Cool on a rack, cover, and refrigerate overnight before serving (It needs a day to set really well).