The recipe for these lemon tea biscuits was submitted by Betty-Baker.
Special Diet Notes: Lemon Tea Biscuits
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- 4 cups flour
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ⅔ cup cold shortening
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup dairy-free milk beverage
- Preheat oven to 450F.
- Mix and sift dry ingredients.
- Cut in shortening with two knives or pastry blender.
- Stir lemon juice into milk and add quickly to flour mixture, using only enough to make a soft dough. Knead slightly on lightly floured board.
- Roll ½ inch thick and cut with floured cutter. Makes 20 biscuits.
- Place on ungreased baking sheet and bake for 15 minutes.