Special Diet Notes: Libby’s vegan Pudding Pound Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1-3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teapoon salt
- ¼ cup nondairy margarine, softened
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 8 oz (2 x 4 oz cups) of ZenSoy vanilla pudding [about ¾ cup of prepared pudding]
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Prepare an 8″ x 4″ loaf pan with margarine and flour to prevent sticking.
- Measure dry ingredients into a medium bowl and whisk together.
- Cream margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Reduce blender speed to slow and add pudding and extract.
- Once completely combined, gradually add dry ingredients and mix until smooth.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan and smooth top of batter with a spatula.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes until crust is brown and a toothpick comes out clean.
- Variation: Use banana pudding instead of vanilla and add a pinch of ground nutmeg.