Special Diet Notes: Vegan Maple Cream Fudge
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, soy-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup regular coconut milk, shaken and combined
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- pinch of salt
- vanilla to taste
- Combine sugars, coconut milk, coconut oil, maple syrup, and salt in a saucepan.
- Stir to combine over medium heat until the mixture starts to boil.
- Lower the heat, and simmer until the mixture reaches the soft ball stage on a candy thermometer.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Beat for 10-15 minutes until the mixture cools and thickens. (I recommend a stand mixer or beaters for this!)
- Press into greased dish.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting.