Special Diet Notes: Mignardises Vegan Truffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
This is a very easy recipe to make, but allow 4 hours for chilling.
- 1 cup raw cashew butter
- 1 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla seeds scraped from vanilla bean
- 1 tablespoon nama shoyu (raw soy sauce)
- Variety of coatings such as coconut, sesame seeds, crushed pumpkin seeds, cayenne pepper or chopped dried fruit
- In a food processor, combine cashew butter, maple syrup, cocoa powder, vanilla seeds and nama shoyu and process until smooth and thick.
- Pour into a shallow container and cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Using a melon baller, scrape truffle base into small balls.
- Fill or roll chocolate truffles with spices, seeds, nuts or dried fruits of your choice.
- Shape as desired (rounds, pear-shaped, nougat, or cylinders).