I am not a huge fan of cooked peaches, but my husband loved this Mixed Fruit Crisp. We were both surprised by the banana, it was quite good. You can substitute any fruit or berries in this recipe for a change. Because this is so much lower in added sugar than most crisps, it can be a good mid-day snack. But for a real treat, we add a topping of vanilla soy ice cream!
Special Diet Notes: Mixed Fruit Crisp
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, vegan, vegetarian, and optionally gluten-free.
- 3 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 fresh peaches - peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ cup brown sugar or sucanat
- ½ cup whole wheat, spelt, or brown rice flour
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup Earth Balance Shortening, or other dairy free alternative
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). .
- Combine apples, peaches, banana, raisins and water in a 8x8 baking dish.
- In medium bowl, combine oats, brown sugar, flour, cinnamon and salt. Cut in shortening with two knives or pastry blender until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over fruit.
- Bake in preheated oven 35 to 45 minutes, until topping starts to brown. Serve warm.