Special Diet Notes: Vegan Mock Whip Cream
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup Earth Balance Buttery Spread (soy)
- ½ cup Crisco Shortening (soy)
- 1 cup super fine granulated sugar
- 1 cup super hot soy milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Cream butter, shortening and sugar together.
- Make sure its nice and fluffy and then add the salt and vanilla.
- Mix again until really fluffy.
- Add about ¼ of the hot soymilk and fully incorporate.
- Must be hot to help break down sugar granules and achieve the right texture for the whip cream.
- Add the other ¼ cup hot soymilk and keep doing the same until the entire cup has been incorporated. This should take about 6-7 minutes from start to finish.