This simple “Mom’s Best” fruitcake recipe was posted to AllRecipes. The fruitcake gets better with time, perfect for shipping.
Special Diet Notes: Mom’s Best Fruitcake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 1 pound Brazil nuts
- 1 pound pitted dates
- ¾ cup candied cherries
- 1 pound candied pineapple
- ¾ cup sifted all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 300º F (150º C). Line 2 small loaf pans with parchment or wax paper.
- In a large bowl combine Brazil nuts, dates, cherries and pineapple. Over the fruit and nuts sift the flour, sugar, salt and baking powder. Mix well.
- In a small bowl combine eggs and vanilla; beat until foamy. Pour over fruit mixture and mix well. Spoon batter into prepared pans. Bake in preheated oven for 1½ hours, or until a toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.