Thanks to Sarah at No Whey, Mama, for this great monkey cookies recipe!
Special Diet Notes: Monkey Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cups shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 cup mashed banana
- 1¾ cups quick oats
- 1½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- ¾ cups chocolate chips
- ¼ cup finely chopped walnuts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream shortening and sugar together. Mix in the egg and mashed bananas.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oats, flour, baking soda, salt, nutmeg, and cinnamon with a whisk.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and blend. Stir in the chocolate chips and walnuts.
- Drop by the teaspoonful onto a greased baking sheet.
- Bake for eight to ten minutes.