Special Diet Notes: No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
No Bake Vegan Chocolate Cookies
Adapted from St. Veronica Jubilee Cookbook - printed in the Detroit News. I love no bake cookies and these are a yummy option!
Author: St. Veronica Jubilee Cookbook
Serves: 48 cookies
- 2 cups sugar
- ½ cup dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 stick dairy-free margarine
- 3 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups quick oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ cup toasted sunflower seeds or broken walnuts
- 1 cup coconut, optional
- Wash hands. Put pieces of waxed paper on counter.
- Place sugar, milk, butter, cocoa and salt in a large saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; stir in oats, vanilla, nuts and coconut, if using.
- Drop batter from a teaspoon onto wax paper and let cool. Store in covered container.