This version of the Angel Food Cake is slightly different and doesn’t require a whole carton of eggs!
Special Diet Notes: Angel Food Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- ¾ cup water
- 3 egg whites
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1¾ cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 egg yolks
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Beat cold water and egg yolks together until mixture makes 1 quart - at least 10 minutes. Slowly add sugar and vanilla to egg yolk mixture, beating for at least 7 minutes.
- Sift the flour, baking powder and salt together. Fold into the egg yolk mixture.
- Beat egg whites until stiff peaks form and fold in smoothly to the egg yolk mixture. Pour batter into an ungreased 9 or 10 inch tube pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 50 minutes. Turn upside down to cool in pan for 1 hour. Loosen sides and coax from pan.