We can’t seem to find the origins of this non-dairy maple custard recipe, but it is fantastic!
Special Diet Notes: Non-Dairy Maple Custard
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- Dash of sea salt
- 3 eggs
- 1½ teaspoons real vanilla extract
- 2 cups dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Beat eggs; stir in sugar mixture and vanilla.
- Heat, but do not boil, dairy-free milk; gradually stir into egg mixture.
- Pour 1 teaspoon syrup into each of six 6-ounce custard cups; tilt cups to coat entire bottom.
- Pour egg mixture into cups.
- Place cups in 13x9x2 inch pan; place in oven. Pour hot water into pan to within ½ inch of tops of cups.
- Bake at 350 F. about 45 minutes to 1 hour or until knife blade inserted near center of custard comes out clean.
- Remove cups from water. Run knife blade along edges of custard, invert onto serving dish and serve warm. Or refrigerate, unmold at serving and serve cold.