It’s always good to have allergen free recipes in your back pocket. I found this nut-, egg-, and dairy-free chocolate cake recipe that was highly rated on the net and it seems very promising!
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Chocolate Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, nut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract (Trader Joe’s Tahitian Vanilla adds that little extra something to all my baked goods)
- 1 cup cold water
- ½ cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (dairy free of course!)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8x8 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour thru baking soda. Mix well, then stir in oil, vinegar, and vanilla extract. When dry ingredients are thoroughly moistened, pour in cold water and stir until batter is smooth. Stir in chocolate chips and pour batter into prepared pan.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 35 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on a rack.
- Top with frosting, slice, and serve!