This decadent nut studded brownie bars recipe is courtesy of Janelle at Talk of Tomatoes. Serve warm with a generous scoop of vanilla non-dairy ice cream!
Special Diet Notes: Nut Studded Brownie Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup coarsely chopped nuts/walnuts
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup coconut (optional: I left it out)
- ⅔ cup packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup white sugar
- ⅓ cup baking cocoa
- 1½ cups flour
- 2 eggs
- ⅔ cup vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- Combine nuts through flour in a mixer.
- Add the liquids to mixer, combine.
- Spread into greased 8×8 inch pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40 minutes.
- Cut and serve immediately with [homemade] vanilla ice cream.