Special Diet Notes: Oatmeal Coconut Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, plant-based, vegan, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free oatmeal coconut bars, use gluten-free oats.
- 1½ cups quick oats (certified gluten-free, if needed)
- 1 cup maple syrup, divided
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 cup dairy-free carob chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- ½ cups walnuts or pecans, chopped
- 2 tablespoons plain dairy-free milk beverage
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and grease an 8-inch square baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the oats, ½ cup maple syrup, and dairy-free buttery spread.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the carob or chocolate chips, coconut, nuts, remaining ½ cup maple syrup, milk beverage, and vanilla. Spread this mixture evenly on top of the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool completely before cutting into squares.