Oatmeal Coconut Bars
- 1-1/2 cups quick oats
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free margarine
- 1 cup maple syrup, divided
- 1 cup carob chips or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ cups walnuts or pecans
- 1 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons plain soymilk
- Preheat oven to 350º
- Combine the oats, margarine and ½ cup maple syrup.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of a greased 8 x 8 baking dish.
- Combine the remaining ingredients, including the ½ cup of maple syrup, and spread this mixture on top of the crust.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into squares.