Cool down on a hot summer’s day with this refreshing pineapple orange sorbet! Just 6 ingredients needed to make this fruity frozen treat.
Special Diet Notes: Pineapple Orange Sorbet
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple
- 2 teaspoons freshly grated orange zest
- In a medium saucepan, bring water and sugar to a simmer over medium high heat until sugar is dissolved.
- In a food processor, puree pineapple with its juice until smooth. Transfer to a metal bowl, and stir in lemon juice, orange juice, and orange zest. Freeze until slightly firm, but not frozen.
- Process mixture again in the food processor or beat with an electric mixer until smooth. Transfer to a freezer container and freeze until firm, about 2 hours.