This wonderful dairy-free recipe for pumpkin spice cake bars has become quite popular over the years. We first posted it in the fall of 2007, when Kristen Doyle of Dine & Dish shared her recipe with us. It’s since been made and enjoyed by many of you, and shared on various other websites. Today, we’re giving it an update, and adding a little more information.
Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Spice Cake Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg or allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cloves
- 4 large eggs
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can pumpkin puree
- Dairy-Free Cream Cheese Frosting
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease and flour one glass 9x13-inch baking dish.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, salt, nutmeg or allspice, ginger, and cloves.
- In a mixing bowl, beat together the eggs, sugar, oil and pumpkin.
- Add the flour mixture to the wet mixture, and mix to combine.
- Spread the batter into your prepared pan.
- Bake the cake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean.
- Let the cake cool completely before frosting.
More Delicious Dairy-Free Cake Recipes