These unique cookies come from the purveyors of a huge range of flours and grains, Bob’s Red Mill. They sent this one out in their newsletter, which promotes monthly specials.
Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups millet flour
- ½ cup amaranth flour
- 3 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1 cup chopped pecan halves
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1-1/4 cups honey
- ¾ cup date sugar
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups canned mashed pumpkin
- 1 cup raisins (unsulfured)
- Preheat oven to 400-425°. Set aside ungreased cookie sheet.
- In large mixing bowl combine all the dry ingredients, blend well.
- In another large bowl combine all the wet ingredients, blend well. Stir the dry
- ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well. This makes a thick batter which can be poured.
- Spoon cookie batter onto cookie sheet and bake approximately 12-14 minutes.