Special Diet Notes: Pumpkin Cranberry Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups dark agave syrup
- 3 cups canned pumpkin, unflavored
- 4 eggs
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- 1 tablespoon cardamom
- 3½ cups spelt flour
- 1 cup ground almonds
- 2 cups cranberries, fresh or frozen, coarsely chopped in a food processor
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first set of ingredients in a bowl.
- Mix the second set of ingredients in a second bowl.
- Combine both mixtures with a spoon.
- Pour into a greased tube pan, or 2 loaf pans, or 20 muffin molds.
- Bake one hour (start with 45 mn for muffins), or a little longer, until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.