This unbelievable Raspberry Tofu Cheesecake recipe comes from “The Tofu Cookbook,” by Leah Leneman.
Special Diet Notes: Raspberry Tofu Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- ⅓ cup rolled oats
- ⅙ cup shredded coconut
- 1 tablespoon vegetable margarine
- 1 ½ cups firm tofu
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free yogurt
- 2 tablespoons raw cane sugar
- ½ an orange, juice and rind
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons tahini
- pinch of sea salt
- 2 to 3 tablespoons honey, maple syrup, or agave
- 4 tablespoons water
- ⅛ teaspoon powdered agar-agar (gelatin may be substituted for non-vegans)
- 4 ounces fresh raspberries
- Mix the oats and the coconut together. Spread the margarine over the bottom of a flan tin, then sprinkle the oat and coconut mixture over it. Set aside.
- Combine the tofu, yogurt, sugar, orange juice and rind, vanilla, tahini and salt in a blender. Blend thoroughly. Pour into the flan pan.
- Melt the honey in the water in a small pan over medium heat and dissolve the agar-agar in it. Bring the mixture to a boil, then simmer for one minute. Remove from heat and stir in the raspberries. Pour over the tofu mixture in the flan tin.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 35 minutes. Chill before serving.