This simplest pumpkin pie recipe originated with the Weimar Institute of Health & Education.
Special Diet Notes: Simplest Pumpkin Pie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
For gluten-free: use a gluten-free pie crust such as Wholly Wholesome Crusts.
- 14 oz. firm tofu (for a creamier texture use Silken)
- ¾ cup real maple syrup
- Pumpkin pie spice (desired amount)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch turmeric (optional)
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree (NOT pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 unbaked non-dairy 9" pie crust
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Place tofu and maple syrup in blender or food processor with vanilla, salt and spices and blend well until smooth and creamy.
- Put pumpkin in a medium mixing bowl and add blender contents, whisking until well-mixed.
- Pour into unbaked pie shell and place on bottom rack of oven.
- Bake 15 minutes at 425 degrees, then lower heat to 350 degrees and bake another 50 minutes. Filling will be soft but will become firm as it chills.