Mary Lou Kulsick, a reader of the Salt Lake City Tribune, contributed this recipe for these soft zucchini cookies to utilize an abundant summer harvest.
Special Diet Notes: Soft Zucchini Cookies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, vegetarian, and optionally nut-free.
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup finely grated zucchini
- 1 egg
- 2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chocolate chips or raisins
- 1 cup chopped nuts, if desired
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a mixing bowl, cream together sugars, oil and zucchini. Add in egg and mix well. In a separate bowl combine flour, soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt.
- Stir into sugar and egg mixture until well combined. Stir in chocolate chips or raisins and nuts.
- Drop by teaspoonful onto a greased cookie sheet.
- Bake 10 to 12 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a cookie sheet for one minute. Remove to a rack and cool completely.