These stuffed apples are a perfect autumn dessert option for festive occasions. It was discovered by the people at Veg Paradise.
Special Diet Notes: Stuffed Apples
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 2 cups dairy-free milk beverage
- 3 whole cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon carob powder
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 6 large baking apples
- ¾ cup golden raisins
- ½ cup black raisins
- ⅓ cup pecans or other nut (optional)
- Combine milk alternative, cloves, cinnamon, carob powder, vanilla extract, lemon juice, maple syrup, and nuts (if desired) in a 9"x13" baking dish; stir well to combine.
- Wash and core the apples; put them into the baking dish and stuff with raisins.
- Sprinkle any remaining raisins around the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spoon some of the sauce over the apples; cover with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven at 325 F for 1 hour (if apples are large, they may need 15 - 20 minutes longer).
- Serve warm or chilled in bowls along with the sauce.