Toasted-Coconut Vegan Cupcakes
Of course, we can always count on Isa Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero of the PPK and Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World for some fabulous pareve and vegan / egg-free recipes (posted in the Jewish Exponent)
Author: Isa Moskowitz and Terry Hope Romero
Serves: 12 cupcakes
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ tsps. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 tsps. coconut extract
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Line a muffin pan with cupcake liners.
- In a medium bowl, sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt.
- Melt the coconut oil in a small saucepan over very low heat. Once melted, turn off the heat, but leave oil in the pan on the stove, so that it stays warm but does not solidify.
- In a separate medium bowl, mix together coconut milk, sugar, vanilla and coconut extract. Stir in the melted coconut oil.
- Add the flour mixture in batches, beating well after each addition. Mix until smooth, then fold in the shredded coconut.
- Fill cupcake liners two-thirds full. Bake for 24 to 26 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Frost with Coconut-Pecan-Fudge Frosting.
Is the coconut milk from the can or the carton dairy substitute?
Thank you for checking Tanya! We’re actually in the process of updating old contributed recipes. I believe in this case it is coconut milk beverage, so you can swap in another one.
By all purpose flour you mean your “flour mix”? You don’t use a wheat flour, don’t you?
It is all-purpose flour, as written, which is wheat flour. This recipe hasn’t been tested gluten-free. It’s a vegan, but not gluten-free recipe.
hi alisa,good that i saw ur blog.my daughter is one year old has lac intolerence,gluten intolerence ,soy and nut allergy.so pls send me a allergy free cake and cookie recipe.