Special Diet Notes: Toasted Noodle Almond Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 8 ounces noodles (gluten-free ok), broken in small pieces
- 1 can coconut milk
- 6 cups dairy-free milk
- 1 cup ground almonds or pistachios
- 1 cup golden raisins
- 1 large sweet potato, grated fine
- 2 tablespoons orange flower water
- Good pinch saffron
- 1 tablespoon ground cardamom
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- Good pinch salt
- Heat a large skillet, and add the noodles, stirring, until golden brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients, and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the flame to low, and cook covered about 30 minutes.
- The mixture will look lumpy: If it looks too thick, thin with a little more milk.
- Serve at room temperature