We found the recipe for these vegan brownies among a collection by Robert Felty. He utilized Ener-G egg replacer with great success, and discovered the dairy free virtures of Hershey’s syrup (not all flavors are dairy free, so check the labels!).
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Brownies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
- 1¼ cup all-purpose white flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ½ cup coffee or espresso (very hot)
- 1 cup sugar
- ⅓ cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil (preferably canola)
- 1 tablespoon Ener-G egg replacer
- ⅛ cup warm water
- ¼ cup dairy-free chocolate syrup (like Ah!Laska or some Hersey's syrups)
- Pre-heat oven to 350ºF. Grease an 8-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in separate bowl.
- Combine egg replacer and water in separate bowl.
- Whisk the hot coffee into the cocoa and sugar until smooth.
- Add the vanilla, vegetable oil and egg replacer mixture.
- Stir in flour mixture and chocolate syrup.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Bake for 35 minutes.
- Let cool before cutting into 12 squares.