Vegan Cheesecake, a dairy free dream come true. One made possible by the creative work of Dr. Jane Goodall, author of “Vegan World Fusion Cuisine : Over 200 award-winning recipes“. This book has received over 30 5-star customer reviews on Amazon, quite an accomplishment!
Special Diet Notes: Vegan Cheesecake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian
- 2 lbs firm tofu
- 1 cup sucanat
- ½ cup dairy-free milk beverage
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice, fresh squeezed
- 4 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 2 ½ tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract, alcohol free
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 2 cup spelt flour
- ¼ cup sucanat
- 1 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt, or to taste
- 1⁄3 cup safflower oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 tablespoon apple juice, fresh
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract, alcohol free
- Preheat oven to 350°. For Crust, place dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl and mix well. Place wet ingredients in another bowl & mix well. Add wet to dry, mixing well with hands, crumbling the ingredients together repeatedly. Press into the bottom of a 10” spring form pan. Bake for 5 minutes.
- Place all Filling ingredients in a large blender and blend until smooth. Pour on top of crust and bake for 1 hour or until top turns a golden brown and center does not jiggle too much. Allow to cool before running a knife around the edge and removing from spring form pan.