Special Diet Notes: Vegan Shortbread
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 2/4 cup good oil (such as hemp oil)
- 110 grams golden caster sugar [superfine sugar]
- 50 grams hazelnuts
- 175 grams all purpose flour
- 150 grams cornstarch
- Preheat the oven to 150C/300F/Gas 2.
- First, put the hazelnuts in a food processor and process until finely ground. Add the rest of the dry ingredients and pulse until well mixed.
- With the motor running, slowly pour in the oil until the mixture amalgamates. Tip into an oiled Swiss-roll tin (23x33cm/9×13″) and press down so it is level.
- Prick all over with a fork then pop into the oven for 50-60 minutes. What you are looking for is a uniform pale golden all over, it wont be golden brown. It should also be a bit squidgy when it comes out the oven, it will harden as it cools.
- After it comes out the oven, cut into squares then, after five mins or so, place onto a wire rack to cool.
- Serve with dairy free ice cream.