I’ve always had a sweet tooth. But over the years, I’ve learned that I prefer sweets that aren’t overly indulgent. Just yesterday, I shared our preference for these healthier decorated allergy-friendly cookies over cupcakes. They’re easier, and still indulgent, but don’t leave me wishing I hadn’t splurged. These dairy-free fruity froyo shakes are the same concept. The quick and simple recipe adds dessert touches to a nutritious concept for a satisfying treat that kids and adults love.
This Dairy-Free Froyo Shake recipe is adapted from Culinary.net.
Dairy-Free Fruity Froyo Shake makes Plant-Based Celebrations Simple
Most shakes involve copious amounts of ice cream or frozen yogurt with just a smattering of liquid and mix-ins. These better-for-you froyo shakes take an opposite approach. Generous amounts of healthy frozen fruit are added to “freeze” the yogurt as it blends. Here are some variations you might like to try:
- Substitute frozen banana for the mango.
- Substitute peach for the blueberries.
- Substitute raspberries for the strawberries.
- Use two dairy-free yogurts, and reduce the milk beverage to 3/4 cup.
- Drizzle a strawberry sauce around the inside edge of the shakes, so it runs down the sides before topping.
Special Diet Notes: Fruity Froyo Shakes
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, plant-based, vegetarian, and optionally paleo. Just make sure you choose the dairy-free yogurt, whip option, and sprinkles that meet your dietary needs.
- Put the strawberries, blueberries, mango, and dairy-free yogurt in your blender. Pour in the milk beverage, and blend until smooth.
- Divide the shake between 4 glasses. Garnish with dairy-free whip and sprinkles.