Having waffles in the freezer is always a treat. All you have to do is pop them in the toaster! These dairy-free gluten-free freezer waffles were shared anonymously by a reader over fifteen years ago. We’re giving the post an update to help with the busy mornings ahead.
Dairy-Free Gluten-Free Freezer Waffles are Easy to Make at Home
These waffles are versatile and go with just about any toppings. On the sweet and hearty side, try nut butter and maple syrup. Or mix things up with Cinnamon Apples. For a dessert, you can top these dairy-free gluten-free waffles with fresh fruit and dairy-free whip.
If you want savory waffles, simply omit the vanilla extract. You can serve them with Southern fried chicken, eggs, bacon, or simply dairy-free butter.
Special Diet Notes: Gluten-Free Freezer Waffles
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian. For egg-free and vegan gluten-free waffles, try these “Yogurt” Waffles.
- 1 cup brown rice flour
- 1 cup white rice flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (make sure it's gluten-free)
- 1 tablespoon sugar, or your sweetener of choice
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup oil or melted dairy-free buttery spread
- 1 (14-ounce) can coconut milk (can use lite)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Dairy-free milk beverage, as needed
- In a large bowl, whisk together the rice flours, baking powder, sugar, cinnamon, and salt. Make a well in the middle of the mixture.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, oil, coconut milk, and vanilla.
- Add the wet mixture the well of your dry ingredients, and fold until combined. If the mixture is too thick, stir in the milk beverage as needed to get a thick but pourable consistency.
- Cook according to your waffle maker's directions.
- Eat now, or if you wish to freeze, place them on paper towels (while you eat the other ones) to absorb any excess moisture while cooling.
- It is best to freeze them with wax paper separating each, but not totally necessary. Pop in the toaster or microwave for a quick breakfast.