This wonderful dairy-free and gluten-free pumpkin bundt cake recipe was shared with us by the cookbook author and founder of Gluten-Free Blog, Mike Eberhart. He loves serving this cake in the fall or for the holidays, but he sometimes freezes one to enjoy even after the festivities pass. It’s perfectly moist and fluffy, and is rich with seasonal spices.
Special Diet Notes: Gluten-Free Pumpkin Bundt Cake
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and vegetarian.
- ½ cup quinoa flour
- ½ cup white rice flour
- ½ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- ¼ cup glutinous rice flour (also called sweet rice flour)
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 3 tablespoons ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon xanthan gum*
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch ground cloves
- 1¼ cups + 1 tablespoon sugar, divided
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- Powdered sugar, for topping
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and grease a 10-cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the quinoa flour, white rice flour, walnuts (if using), glutinous rice flour, tapioca flour, cinnamon, cocoa powder, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Place the 1¼ cups sugar, oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed for 3 minutes. Add the pumpkin and vanilla and mix for 1 minute. Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Pour batter into your prepared bundt pan. Sprinkle the batter with the remaining 1 tablespoon sugar.
- Bake the cake for 40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Turn the cake out onto serving tray and let it cool completely. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, as desired.