These amazing dairy-free, healthy skin smoothie recipes were shared with me by a friend at Collagen MD. I’ve been using their Advanced Connective Tissue Formula for a while now, and loved having these easy, fruity, tasty recipes to enjoy. Note that this is NOT a sponsored post, I just wanted to share some fun, refreshing delights that I’m sipping!
Beyond the Advanced Connective Tissue supplement (a powder that adds thickness, but blends in seamlessly), these healthy skin smoothies contain some other great anti-aging “superfoods”:
Cherry Juice – Cherries have been labeled as top anti-inflammatories and rich in beta-carotene (a wonderful helper for those skin cells). Cherry juice is reportedly a good source of melatonin to aid in quality sleep, allowing time to rejuvenate and keep dark circles at bay.
Pomegranate – Filled with Vitamin C and other free radical fighters, pomegranate juice may help to prevent wrinkles by exerting its antioxidant powers and preserving collagen.
Orange – It may be old school, but this beta-carotene and Vitamin C filled fruit is still tops in nutrition, and studies are showing it to be a standout not only for fighting free radicals, but also for maintaining strong bones!
Mango – Like it’s brilliantly hued cousin, the mango is rich in antioxidants and even boasts some anti-inflammatory properties.
Raspberries – Berries of all types are lower in sugar than many fruits, but are key providers of anti-aging compounds that aid from the inside out. We often think of blueberries and cranberries as the superfoods, but summer raspberries should not be forgotten!
Chocolate – Cocoa is being hailed for its disease-fighting flavonoids, but its antioxidants are also skin softeners that help to repair damaged skin.
Blueberries, green tea, guava, and grapes are other antioxidant-rich foods to consider for boosting and adding flavor to healthy skin smoothies.
Below is a slightly modified version of their Orange-Mango Age Management Smoothie that I’ve been enjoying. By ingredients, this healthy skin smoothie is dairy-free / non-dairy, gluten-free, peanut-free, nut-free, and soy-free, and it is optionally egg-free.
Special Diet Notes: Orange Mango Healthy Skin Smoothie
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, nut-free, and soy-free.
- 1 to 2 scoops Collagen MD Advanced Connective Tissue Powder (I usually use 1 rounded scoop)
- ¼ cup fresh orange juice
- ¼ cup frozen mango
- ½ cup unsweetened coconut milk beverage or coconut milk yogurt*
- 1 packet Tropical Orange Coromega 3 Squeeze**
- 3 to 5 drops vanilla stevia, or to taste
- Crushed ice, if desired for a thicker smoothie
- Dash nutmeg (optional)
- Put the powder, orange juice, mango, milk beverage or yogurt, and Omega-3s in your blender. Blend until smooth and creamy, about 1 minute.
- Taste test and blend in the stevia to sweeten and brighten the flavors, if desired.
- For a thicker and cooler smoothie, blend in some crushed ice.
- Pour the thick smoothie into a glass and garnish with a dash of nutmeg.
**For egg-free, Coromega has a new Be Bright Superfood Oil Blend that is equally tasty and has a good dose of essential fatty acids.