It can be hard to think of new and creative ways to enjoy healthy dinners, let alone if you have a special diet need. But this honey apricot glazed salmon will help you mix things up without need for dairy, eggs, gluten, soy, or nuts!
Honey Apricot Glazed Salmon is Fast, Healthy, and Deliciously Easy
This glazed salmon is seasoned with garlic, salt, and pepper for a wonderful sweet and savory contrast that pairs with various side dishes. You can serve it simply with rice and broccoli or a boisterous salad. Or pair it with a unique but complementary dish, like Orange Rice, Smashed Potatoes & Parsnips, or Brown Rice Beet Salad.
This recipe was originally shared with us by my friend Linda Coss way back in 2007! Today, we’re giving the post an update. Linda is the author of two classic dairy-, egg-, and nut-free cookbooks: What’s to Eat? and What Else is to Eat?. This is just one sample recipe from her collections.
Special Diet Notes: Honey Apricot Glazed Salmon
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, and paleo.
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free apricot fruit spread
- 1½ teaspoons honey
- ½ teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1 pound salmon filet, about 1-inch thick
- 1½ teaspoons minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- Preheat your broiler. Cover the broiler pan with aluminum foil.
- To make the apricot glaze, place the apricot fruit spread and honey in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 30 seconds or until liquefied. Stir in the vinegar.
- Place the salmon, skin side down, on your prepared broiler pan.
- Put the garlic, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix well to combine. Spread the mixture evenly over the salmon.
- Broil the salmon for 6 minutes. Spread the apricot glaze evenly over salmon. Broil for an additional 4 minutes or until done. Serve immediately.