The hottest dietary trend this past year has been keto, and it’s starting out strong again this year. But whether it continues to boom in the mainstream, or settles into a smaller special diet population, this dairy-free keto golden milk will be a nutritious option. It’s rich with warm, beneficial spices, and the recipe can be adapted to suit almost any need or taste. See my suggestions below!
Dairy-Free Keto Golden Milk that’s Steeped in Anti-Inflammatory Benefits
This comforting beverage holds a lot of health potential thanks to the spice ingredients.
- Turmeric a primary dietary source of curcumin, which is most known for it’s ability to fight cancer and fend off cardiovascular disease. And studies show that it’s benefits may be multiplied when combined with other spices.
- Black Pepper has been shown to increase curcumin bioavailability by 2000%.
- Cinnamon is a warming spice that’s often touted for anti-microbial, anti-clotting, and blood sugar control.
- Ginger is beloved for boosting health in so many ways, from fighting nausea to taming arthritis.
Not low carb? You can substitute Manuka honey or regular honey, to taste, for the stevia.
Not keto? You can omit the coconut oil and swap in your favorite milk beverage for all of the liquids.
This dairy-free keto golden milk recipe with photo was shared with us by Atkins.com.
Special Diet Notes: Keto Golden Milk
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, plant-based, and vegetarian.
For nut-free, dairy-free and keto golden milk, you can substitute your favorite unsweetened milk beverage for the almond milk beverage. Or, simply add 2 to 4 tablespoons of additional coconut milk to a measuring cup and add enough water to equal 1 cup. Use this in place of the almond milk beverage.
- 1 cup coconut milk (regular, full-fat, canned)
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almond milk beverage (see nut-free option above)
- 1 cup water
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil (can use MCT coconut oil)
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 drops liquid pure stevia extract, or to taste
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, whisk together the coconut milk, almond milk beverage, water, coconut oil, turmeric, cinnamon, ginger, and pepper. Warm until hot but not simmering, about 7 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat, and whisk in the stevia. Divide the dairy-free golden milk between three mugs to serve. Leftovers can be refrigerated for up to three days. Just reheat and enjoy!