This recipe for dairy-free lemon cheesecake bars is an Honorable Mention Winner (10 VIP Free Product Coupons!) as the Best Picnic entry in the The Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, hosted here on Go Dairy Free, and sponsored by So Delicious Dairy Free.
This winning recipe and accompanying photo was created by Sarah of Sarah Bakes Gluten Free.
These flavorful lemon cheesecake bars are bound to impress, yet they are lower in sugar than most bar desserts and contain healthier ingredients. Since they are best when chilled, pack them along in a cooler to enjoy as a special finish to any spring or summer gathering.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Lemon Cheesecake Bars
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan and vegetarian.
If gluten-free is not a need for your crew, then you can use all-purpose flour in place of the gluten-free flour blend in these deliciously dairy-free lemon cheesecake bars.
For a nut-free option, try Taylor’s Paleo Lemon Bars at Food Faith & Fitness.
- ½ cup certified gluten free oats
- ½ cup raw walnuts or pecans
- ¼ cup gluten free flour blend
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or honey
- 2 cups raw cashews, soaked for 1 hour in warm water
- ⅓ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- ⅓ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Coconut Milk Beverage
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF and line an 8x8-inch baking pan with parchment paper.
- Place oats and walnuts in food processor or high-powered blender.
- Grind on high for 1 minute.
- Add coconut oil and maple syrup or honey.
- Press crust into prepared baking pan.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely in the pan, while you make filling.
- Drain cashews and add to a food processor or high-power blender with the coconut milk, coconut oil, and sugar.
- Blend on high for 1-2 minutes.
- Add lemon juice, lemon zest, vanilla and salt.
- Continue to blend on high until smooth and creamy.
- Pour cheesecake mixture into pan, over cooled crust.
- Cover and carefully place in freezer for 2-3 hours to become firm.
- While the cheesecake bars chill, make the lemon glaze by combining the sugar and cornstarch in a medium saucepan.
- Over medium heat, whisk in coconut milk beverage and lemon juice. While stirring constantly, cook until bubbly and thick, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and whisk in lemon zest and vanilla.
- Pour into bowl, cover with plastic wrap touching pudding and place in refrigerator until needed.
- Remove firm cheesecake from freezer.
- Spread cooled lemon glaze over cheesecake.
- Place back in refrigerator to set.
- To serve, remove from pan using parchment paper. Slice into bars and serve chilled. Store cheesecake in refrigerator.