This dairy-free whipped dessert reminds me of icebox cake, all mixed together into one spoonable treat. Chocolate graham cracker crumbs and mashed banana are stirred into light dairy-free whip for a healthier, creamy dessert that’s ready in minutes. And it pairs wonderfully with whatever fresh fruit you have on hand.
Dairy-Free Whipped Dessert that’s only Topped by Fresh Fruit
This recipe was created by Dole, but inspired by Disney’s Beauty and the Beast. The “light” aspect is a tribute to Lumiere, Belle’s candelabra confidant. But the pretty presentation and fresh fruit infusion makes it fit for a princess.
The recipe creator chose a popular, accessible combination of flavors, but don’t be afraid to mix things up. You can top it with different berries or chopped stone fruit. Or for a tropical vibe, use regular graham crackers, and top the whipped dessert with chopped pineapple and/or papaya.
Special Diet Notes: Light Whipped Dessert
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, grain-free, tree nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
Graham Cracker Alternatives: For vegan needs, be sure to select honey-free graham crackers, or use Enjoy Life Double Chocolate Crunchy Cookies. I recommend those same allergy-friendly cookies for gluten-free and soy-free needs (some graham cracker brands contain soy). I’ve used them in place of graham crackers on many occasions!
- 1 ripe banana, peeled and mashed
- 1 full sheet chocolate graham cracker, finely crushed (see special diet notes above)
- 1 cup dairy-free light coconut whipped topping
- 2 strawberries, thinly sliced lengthwise
- ¼ cup blueberries
- In a large bowl, stir together the banana and graham cracker crumbs until evenly combined. Gently fold in the whipped topping.
- Spoon or pipe the whipped dessert into 4 small dessert bowls. Top each serving with the strawberries and blueberries.