This recipe for dairy-free Mexican pizza is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Emily Vallozzi. To qualify, the recipe includes Almond-Milk Greek-Style Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Mexican Pizza
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, peanut-free, and soy-free.
For nut-free and dairy-free Mexican pizza, you can substitute Coconut Milk Greek-Style Yogurt.
- 1 ripe avocado
- 3 ounces (1/2 carton) So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Greek Style Cultured Almond Milk (Yogurt)
- ¼ teaspoon ground cumin
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 ball pre-made dairy-free (optionally gluten-free) pizza dough
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, sliced thin
- 5 green olives, sliced thin
- 3 green onions, diced
- ½ cooked chicken, diced
- ¼ cup dairy-free Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Hot sauce, for serving (optional)
- Pit the avocado and scoop the flesh into a food processor. Add all other ingredients and process until
- completely smooth.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Stretch the dough onto a pizza pan or cookie sheet and brush with olive oil. Spread the avocado
- mixture onto the dough leaving about ½” border around the edge.
- Evenly sprinkle on the remaining ingredients, if you are using the cheese add that last.
- Bake the pizza until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes.
- Cut into slices and serve with your favorite hot sauce.