I am not a huge fan of cooked peaches, but my Tony is, so I decided to try this Mixed Fruit Crisp. I found it on Allrecipes, but have adapted the recipe a little. I was a little nervous about the fruit combination, but we were both surprised by how delicious it is. The banana turned out tender, not mushy, and the fruit flavors melded very well together. We also liked that it’s lower in added sugars than your average crisp. In fact, it makes a delicious midday pick-me-up. But for a real treat, we add a topping of vanilla dairy-free ice cream!
Special Diet Notes: Mixed Fruit Crisp
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, optionally gluten-free, nut-free, peanut-free, optionally soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 3 apples, peeled, cored and sliced
- 4 fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1 banana, sliced
- ½ cup raisins
- ¼ cup water
- ½ teaspoon non-GMO cornstarch or arrowroot starch
- ½ cup rolled or quick oats
- ½ cup all-purpose flour, whole wheat flour, or gluten-free flour blend
- ¼ cup brown sugar or coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ cup dairy-free buttery spread
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Combine the apples, peaches, banana, raisins, water, and starch in an 8x8-inch baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oats, flour, sugar, and cinnamon. Add the buttery spread and whisk until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Evenly sprinkle over the fruit.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until the topping starts to brown. Serve warm.