Years ago, a reader and author named Shirley Plant submitted a recipe for dairy-free peach smoothies for one of our recipe contests. Her formula was similar to mine, so I decided to merge our recipes into one! I’ve also added various options for customizing this recipe.
Dairy-Free Peach Smoothies with Your Pick of Ingredients
Yes, believe it or not, both Shirley and I paired hemp with peaches. It’s a surprising but delicious combination. Nevertheless, I have alternatives to the hemp, and some other substitution suggestions, should you need them.
- Milk Beverage: We’ve made this recipe with vanilla hemp milk, almond milk, and coconut milk beverage. All were delicious. I’m pretty sure oat milk would also work well in these dairy-free peach smoothies.
- Banana-Free Options: You can simply increase the peaches by 1/3 to 1/2 cup and omit the banana. But I like to use 1/3 to 1/2 cup dairy-free yogurt in place of the banana for more flavor. Peaches often need a flavor boost, and the tanginess of yogurt alternative helps.
- Hemp Seed Alternatives: Chia seeds can be substituted for the hemp seeds. Flax seeds also work, but don’t tend to blend in as smooth. Another option is to use 2 tablespoons of your favorite dairy-free protein powder.
Special Diet Notes: Dairy-Free Peach Smoothies
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, grain-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup frozen peaches
- 1 ripe banana (frozen for thicker shakes; see post above for banana-free options)
- 1½ cups vanilla dairy-free milk beverage
- 2 tablespoons shelled hemp seeds / hemp hearts (see post above for other options)
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon or ginger (optional)
- Add the peaches and banana to your blender. Pour in the milk beverage, and add the hemp seeds and spice (if using). Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Divide the smoothie between two glasses and serve.