This recipe for dairy-free peanut butter mousse is an entry in our Spring Fling Dairy-Free Recipe Contest, created and submitted by Jessica Stier of Desserts with Benefits. To qualify, the recipe includes Almond Plus Protein Almond Milk by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Just 5 ingredients and 5 minutes are needed to create this dreamy dairy-free peanut butter mousse. It contains no added sugar (though you can sweeten with your desired sweetener), and is loaded with lower fat, peanut buttery goodness.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: www.godairyfree.org/news/spring-fling-dairy-free-recipe-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Peanut Butter Mousse
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 16-ounce container firm organic tofu, thoroughly drained of liquid
- 2¼ cups So Delicious Dairy Free Unsweetened Almond Plus Almond Milk
- 2 teaspoons liquid stevia extract (Jessica uses SweetLeaf)
- 2 cups peanut flour (Jessica uses Protein Plus)
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Add all the ingredients to a large blender or food processor and puree until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl when necessary.
- Give it a taste and add more stevia or salt to taste. Be sure to puree the mixture as much as possible, you don't lose anything by overblending but you sacrifice texture and flavor by underblending!
- Pour into serving bowls and serve immediately. If not serving right away, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate