This recipe for pumpkin bread pudding is a “sweet” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Susan Harper. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Coconut Milk Beverage by So Delicious Dairy Free.
For more details about the recipe contest, see this post: https://www.godairyfree.org/news/march-recipe-madness-contest
Special Diet Notes & Options: Pumpkin Bread Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, peanut-free, soy-free, tree nut-free, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose your bread wisely.
For gluten-free and dairy-free pumpkin bread pudding, use your favorite gluten-free bread. It’s okay if it is a little stale, this allows it to soak up more moisture.
For an “unrefined” dairy-free pumpkin bread pudding, feel free to use coconut sugar or evaporated cane juice in place of the brown sugar. It helps if you pre-grind the sugar into a powder. Keep in mind, it will be a touch less sweet.
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups So Delicious Dairy Free Vanilla Coconut Milk Beverage
- 1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
- 1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ½ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 16-ounce loaf dairy-free raisin bread, cut into 1” cubes
- ½ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, blend together all of the ingredients except the bread and pecans. Stir in bread and pecans and let the mixture soak for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 350ºF.
- Pour the mixture into a 13 x 9-inch baking dish and bake for about 45 minutes. Pudding should be set and slightly browned.
- Enjoy plain or with a drizzle of dairy-free caramel sauce.