This recipe was shared with us by Kristen Doyle during her days with Kids Cuisine. “A couple of years ago, Family Fun magazine posted a snack recipe that caught my eye. It is a recipe for s’mores quesadillas that I make several times a month now for snack. It is simple, the kids can help to make it, we always have the ingredients on hand, and it is a tasty snack that they love.”
S’mores Quesadillas made Dairy-Free, Gluten-Free, and Vegan
We originally posted this recipe way back in 2007, but have since updated this post. You might have seen these these fun s’mores before, but this version is dairy-free, and yes, you can make the recipe vegan, too! Just use a vegan brand of marshmallows, like Dandies or Sarah’s Candy Factory.
The recipe uses jumbo marshmallows, but you can use a handful of mini marshmallows instead. For dozens of chocolate chip options, see our dairy-free chocolate chip guide.
Special Diet Notes: S’Mores Quesadilla
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, optionally vegetarian, and optionally vegan. Just be sure to choose the tortillas, marshmallows, and chocolate chips that suit your dietary needs.
For gluten-free s’mores quesadillas, swap in your favorite gluten-free tortillas.
- 2 (8- to 10-inch) flour tortillas
- 3 large marshmallows, cut in half (regular or vegan)
- 2 tablespoons dairy-free semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon sugar mixture
- Grease a medium skillet with oil spray and place it over medium heat.
- Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle the marshmallow halves and chocolate chips evenly over it. Top the filling with the second tortilla and spray it with oil spray. Cook the quesadilla for 1 to 2 minutes, or until lightly browned. Carefully flip it and cook on the other side for 1 to 2 minutes, or until browned.
- Remove the tortillas to a cutting board. Sprinkle the cinnamon sugar over top, then cut the quesadilla into quarters.