This recipe for dairy-free spinach artichoke dip was a “savory” entry in our March Recipe Madness Contest, created and submitted by Pam Correll. To qualify, she uses 8 ingredients or less, including Almond Milk Yogurt by So Delicious Dairy Free.
Alisa’s Testing Notes: We trialed this submission and definitely recommend adding salt (have put it as an ingredient). It is much needed for flavor and contrast in this recipe, particularly if using plain yogurt. Other add-ins that may be great include lemon juice or curry powder. With the addition of some salt, I really liked this as a spread and a carrot dip. Here’s what it ended up like for me…
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Spinach Artichoke Dip
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, peanut-free, soy-free, vegan, and vegetarian. Just be sure to choose bagel chips or other items for dipping that suit your dietary needs.
For nut-free and dairy-free spinach artichoke dip, substitute coconut milk yogurt for the almond variety.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup frozen chopped spinach (thawed)
- ½ cup chopped artichoke hearts
- ½ cup So Delicious Dairy Free Plain Cultured Almond Milk, Greek Style (I recommend actually using their Unsweetened Coconut Milk Yogurt)
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- Salt, to taste
- Dairy-free bagel chips, for serving (can use gluten-free bagel chips)
- In a skillet, saute garlic in olive oil for one minute.
- Stir in spinach and artichokes. Cook one minute, just until warmed. Remove from heat.
- Stir in the almond milk yogurt and nutritional yeast. Season to taste with salt.
- Transfer to small serving bowl and serve with bagel chips.
Can the artichokes be o mitted and just add more spinach?
You can certainly give it a go! I would taste and season additionally if needed – canned or jarred artichokes tend to add a lot of flavor.
Just made this today! Awesome!
So glad you liked it Lyndsey – the feedback is appreciated!
Pingback: Dreaming of a Dairy-Free Easter | Kitchology Food Allergy Blog
Ah! This is perfect. My boyfriend loves spinach dip but is really lactose intolerant. Definitely making this for his birthday party next weekend. Thanks for sharing!
I hope you and he enjoy the dip Carol!
Needed cheese to Please my 13 yr old. I added 1/2 cup of dairy free mozzarella and she loved it.
Thank you for sharing your modification Donna!