For one of our many recipe contests, Kaylee Dey submitted two dairy-free yogurt chia pudding recipes. They were very similar – one almond, one coconut – so we merged them into one simple and delicious recipe.
This yogurt chia pudding is so healthy and delicious! I love it because I can prep everything the night before and just assemble it the next morning! I usually make a big batch and keep it in my fridge all week for easy breakfasts.
Keep in mind that the thickness of this chia pudding will depend on the thickness of your yogurt. Kaylee used So Delicious Greek-style, but unfortunately, they don’t make those thicker yogurts anymore. If your dairy-free yogurt is on the thinner side, you can increase the chia seeds to 1/3 cup, or even a little more.
Special Diet Notes & Options: Dairy-Free Yogurt Chia Pudding
By ingredients, this recipe is dairy-free / non-dairy, egg-free, gluten-free, optionally nut-free, peanut-free, soy-free, plant-based, optionally vegan, and vegetarian.
- 1 cup unsweetened dairy-free almond or coconut milk beverage
- 1 cup plain dairy-free almond or coconut yogurt (preferably "Greek-style" or thick)
- 3 to 4 tablespoons honey, to taste (can sub agave nectar for vegan)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ⅛ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ cup chia seeds (see post above)
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced (can use other berries / fresh fruit)
- ¼ cup sliced almonds or coconut, toasted
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the milk beverage, yogurt, 2 tablespoons honey, vanilla, and salt. Whisk in the chia seeds, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- The next day, sweeten with the remaining 1 to 2 tablespoons honey, to taste.
- Spoon the yogurt chia pudding into bowls and top with the fruit and toasted almonds or coconut.
- Leftover pudding can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
Key Pantry Supplies: Dairy-Free Yogurt Chia Pudding
Chia pudding is also my favourite dessert or something meal xD
I love its versatility that allows us to mix many fruits together and of course, the taste is always juicy and fragrant!
– Natalie Ellis